"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 3, 2017

a card and a tag...

Hey there!!  Hope all is well with you.  As my post title indicates I have a card and a tag to share.  The card is for the current MFT sketch challenge and the current MFT color challenge.   Lots of stamping and die cutting on this one.  After I got all the flowers (from Plentiful Petals)stamped and cut I die cut the big smile from white cardstock and trimmed it down to fit the card front that was die cut with an AJVD Elegant Stitched Dot border die.  I used repositionable adhesive to help me make sure I got the flower where I wanted them before adhering them down with permanent adhesive and adding the die cut smile on top.  The you're awesome was embossed in white, trimmed down and adhered as shown.  The finished panel was then adhered to a light gray cardstock base.  Think I will also add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


The tag is for day one of Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist.  Jennifer McGuire shared some amazing tags with a 3D element and I just had to give it a try.  I thought the large star from the AJVD Stitched Stitched Dot Stars die set would work well for the 3D element.  I die cut it from three papers from the Echo Park Twas the Night Before Christmas 6x6 pad, scored them and adhered them together.  The tag was die cut using the AJVD Minnie Pearl tag.  I die cut it from more paper from the Twas the Night Before Christmas pad and then from dark green cardstock.  The two tags were adhered together and I stamped the To and From (from the AJVD To/From mini stamp set) on the back.  The star was adhered along with a little bow/bell embellishment.  Some red and green bakers twine was looped through the slot at the top to finish things off.  One tag down... eleven to go!!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts, My Favorite Things, Stampin Up, Memento

Tag:  Cardstock:  PTI Pinefeather; Stamps and Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Patterned paper:  Echo Park; Twine:  Stampin Up!; Bell:  Recollections; Ink:   VersaFine Onyx Black

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE what you've done with that die cut! The bright happy flowers look amazing with the crisp white! And WOWZA to your dimensional tag!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary--wow! That card is absolutely amazing & I totally love the tag! Once again your incredible talent is showing!

TK said...

Fabulous! I'm in LOVE with your dies all layered up! Your 3D star on the tag is a perfectly wonderful idea too!

Greta said...

Hurrah!! Finally MFT showcased one of your incredible cards, Rosemary! They've never shown a better one in my opinion! Congratulations!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card with all the flowers, Rosemary, and I love your 3D tag!!

Nancy said...

I love this card Rosemary! Such a fresh and creative way to use die cuts!

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant 3D tag, Rosemary ... the rich colours are delicious! Those soft, pastel blooms make for such a lovely background for the negative die cut 'smile' ... such a lovely composition! Congratulations on being 'Spotted' at MFT! Hugs, Anita :)