"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 6, 2017

tiger lily for you...

Hello!!  Stopping in with another card I made using a Concord & 9th stamp set and my Prisma color pencils.  This time I used the beautiful Lily stamp set.  I stamped the lily on Bristol cardstock with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink.  Once that was done I googled what different lilies looked like and decided to try to color up a tiger lily.  Like most lily varieties tiger lilies come in different colors including red with touches of orange.  I used three shades of red and a yellow orange for my flower.  Once I was done I simply die cut the image with a rectangle die, stamped the sentiment (also from the Lily stamp set) and then added a strip of black cardstock along one side before adhering everything to a red cardstock base.  A few tiny cold sequins finished things off.  I also finished the inside of the card with a simple partial image of the lily and then the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty set.  I pretty pleased with my coloring on this one, but I know I still have much to leave to achieve more depth of color.  Going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a birthday card.
Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Pure Poppy, PTI True Black, Bristol; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black; Coloring medium:  Prisma color pencils

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Rosemary! I used to see lilies like this on my walks with Max. You've done a great job with the coloring!

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous colouring on your lily Rosie, I love lilies as long as the perfume is not too strong. 🌺
Val x

Greta said...

What a gorgeous Lilly--beautiful coloring, Rosemary! I like how you kept things simple & used a colored card base--wonderful card!

Anita in France said...

Oh, this is lovely, Rosemary ... your colouring is outstanding ... and is so beautifully complemented by the touches of gold and the red base! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply beautiful.